Sunday, May 26, 2013

Attachments

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Genre:  Fiction
Pages:  336
Published:  3/27/12 by Penguin
Format:  book

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars








If you are looking for some light, funny, yet still intelligent chick lit, this book is for you! It was a fun book and left me feeling happy at the end! (I tend to like depressing books, so this is unusual for me).

Set in 1999, in the midst of the Y2K craze, Attachments is about Lincoln, a 28 year old who works the night shift as an internet security officer. His main job: monitor his co-workers' email. Also, Lincoln is single, lives with his mom and doesn't get out much, except to play the occasional game of Dungeons and Dragons. As Lincoln monitors the office e-mail, he finds himself engrossed in the e-mails of Jennifer and Beth. And the more he reads their e-mail, the more he realizes that he is falling in love with Beth. The only problem: he has never met Beth, he has no idea what she looks like, and if he did meet her, how could he possibly explain himself?

This novel is a fun twist on the traditional modern romance. It's cute and charming and funny. I recently read (and loved) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and I definitely like Rowell's witty style and sense of humor. I also like that she is not afraid to write real characters. Lincoln is not your typical Prince Charming. Instead he is a real guy with real issues and real insecurities. That makes his story believable but also still enjoyable to read. I will be eager to pick up Rowell's next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment